The New Tampa community is honored to be led by Imam Junaid Khan, a dedicated, humble, and passionate man who devoted his life to the betterment of our community when he joined the Islamic Society of New Tampa in June 2010.
Imam Junaid is passionate about sharing his wealth of Islamic knowledge with people of all ages. He has developed a deep understanding of various Arabic and Islamic topics, which makes him qualified to teach classes in Arabic, Islamic jurisprudence, and tajweed.
Below are some of Imam Junaid’s accomplishments and contributions to the community:
Imam Junaid's Office Hours
Monday through Friday between Maghreb and Isha'a prayers
Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are preferred.
Imam Junaid's Accomplishments
- In 1993, he was certified in the memorization and recitation of the Qur’an in Pakistan.
- In 2007, he completed his bachelor of arts in Islamic Studies at Alhasanain Islamic Institute in Pakistan.
- His studies focused on the Arabic language, theology, tajweed, fiqh, tafseer and hadith.
- Two years after completing his education, he served as the Imam of Masjid Noor in Louisville, Kentucky for one year
- He relocated to Tampa in 2010 and has been leading prayers, delivering lectures and seminars, and organizing various youth programs at Masjid Daarus Salaam since then.
- Since November 2012, he has also held daily Qur’an recitation and memorization classes for children.